TFA 2020 is an inclusive platform. Criteria for becoming a Partner are designed to be simple and attainable by entities that share TFA 2020’s mission, goals and objectives, with Partners actively involved in programmes and initiatives to end commodity-driven tropical deforestation. The governance structure allows the Alliance to adapt as TFA 2020 matures and the Partnership grows.
The TFA 2020 Steering Committee is comprised of representatives of Partner organizations who help steer the strategic direction of TFA 2020 and support management decisions. Steering Committee members provide a balanced representation of consumer and forest countries, businesses along the value chain and civil society organizations.
- Justin Adams, Global Managing Director, Lands, The Nature Conservancy
- Carol Jagio Gonzalez Aguilar, Women and Family Coordinator, Organization of the Indigenous Peoples of the Colombian Amazon (OPIAC)
- Ernest Ahoulou Kouamé, Coordinator and Permanent Executive Secretary of SEP-REDD+, Government of Côte d’Ivoire
- Leonel Almeida, Cattle Beef Purchase Manager, Marfrig Alimentos SA
- Mansuetus Alsy Hanu (Darto), National Coordinator, Oil Palm Smallholder’s Union (SPKS)
- Mirko de Ponti, Coordinating Policy Advisor on Climate, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of the Netherlands
- C. Mike Doryen, Managing Director, Forestry Development Authority, Government of Liberia
- Jeremy Goon, Chief Sustainability Officer, Wilmar International
- Lexine Hansen, Senior Policy Advisor and Team Leader, USAID
- Craig Hanson, Global Director, Food, Forests & Water, World Resources Institute
- Hindou Oumarou Ibrahim, Coordinator, Association for Indigenous Women and Peoples of Chad
- Per Fredrik Ilsaas Pharo, Director, Norway’s International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI), Government of Norway
- Nick Martell-Bundock, Senior Director, Corporate Responsibility & Sustainable Development, Cargill
- Laura Prada, Executive Director, Imaflora
- Arifin Rudiyanto, Deputy Minister, Ministry of National Planning, Government of Indonesia
- Neil Scotland, Senior Forestry Adviser, Department for International Development, Government of the United Kingdom
- Jeff Seabright, Chief Sustainability Officer, Unilever, Chair, TFA 2020 Steering Committee
- Iván Darío Valencia, Consultant, Zero-Deforestation Supply Chains, Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development, Government of Colombia
- Dominic Kailash Nath Waughray, Head, Centre for Global Public Goods, World Economic Forum
TFA 2020 Secretariat
Since 2015, the TFA 2020 Secretariat has been hosted by the World Economic Forum at its offices in Geneva, Switzerland. The Secretariat supports the day-to-day operations of the Alliance, designing and organizing workshops and meetings, engaging new and existing Partners, leading the development of new research in service of the Alliance and facilitating best practice exchange.